"Christening Gown Patterns"
The christening of your baby can be the first most important event of
their life, and because we know you want it to be special we have created
this section to help you choose the right pattern, fabric and laces to make
your garment and heirloom for this and future generations. If you wish
to order everything at once, pick out a pattern you like and the fabric you
like and we will figure out the yardage and the cost for you and send it
to you. We try to be extremely helpful and wish to assist you in every
way we can. Let us know your needs and we will try to help you.
Karen Faylor Designs
Click here to see more Collars Etc. Patterns
Creations by Miche'
Wendy Schoen - Petite
Click here to see more Wendy Schoen Patterns
B & B BluePrints
BB#139 Christening Ensemble I - Sizes 3mo - 24 mo
Consists of a Christening Gown, Slip and Bonnet. The front bodice of the christening dress can be smocked with the included design before attaching to the gathered skirt. The bonnet can later be used as a handkerchief. Three sleeves are included: a smocked sleeve and two gathered sleves with different fullness. A template for a scalloped hem edge is also included.
BB#140 Christening Ensemble II - Sizes 3 mo - 24 mo
CHRISTENING ENSEMBLE II consists of a princess style gown, slip, blanket and bonnet. The center front and center back panels of the skirt are A-lined and are suitable for heirloom sewing. The skirt side panels are gathered. The skirt bottom can be finished with a lace or self fabric ruffle. Two gathered sleeves with different fullness are included. The blanket has a hood on one corner to cover the child's head. The bonnet can later be used as a handkerchief.
BB#149 Christening Ensemble III - Sizes 3mo - 24 mos
Consists of a christening dress, slip, blanket and bonnet. The front of the christening dress is one piece which is smocked in the bodice area. The gown neckline can be finished with a peter pan collar or lace edging. Three sleeves are included: a smocked sleeve and two gathered sleeves with different fullness. A template for a scalloped hem edge is also included. The blanket has a hood on one corner to cover the child's head. The bonnet can later be used as a handkerchief.
|BB#160 Christening Ensemble IV - Sizes 3mos - 24 mos
This pattern consists of a princess style christening dress with a center front bodice that is smocked (smocking instructions included), slip, blanket and bonnet. A gathered sleeve and a smocked sleeve are included. The blanket has a hood on one corner to cover the child's head. The bonnet can be used later as a handkerchief.
BB#165 Christening Ensemble V - Sizes 3mos - 24mos
This lovely pattern consists of a christening dress, slip, blanket and bonnet. The gown, which buttons down the front, has insertion from the shoulder to the hem on both sides of the front. Pleats in the center back and on both sides of the insertion add fullness. The gown neckline can be finished with a Peter Pan collar or lace edging. The gathered sleeve can be made with insertion. The blanket has a hood on one corner to cover the child's head. The bonnet can later be used as a handkerchief.
More Design Companies
Old Fashioned Baby
Here's a small taste of her patterns, click on link below to see more bonnets and baby things to make
OFB#23 Raglan Christening Gown - Infant 7-18 lbs
Truly elegant gowns designed to have a finished length of 27", with easy fitting Raglan sleeve style. Also includes patterns for slip and bonnet.
|OFB#17 Baby Bonnets II - Infant-12 months - Boy or Girl
A collection of four exquisite Bonnets which complement patterns "Sweet & Simple Daygown Collection" and "Baby Daydresses", they feature the classic cap style with a set in crown. Baby Bonnets Package Two is a welcome addition to this Baby Pattern collection. These adorable bonnets for boy or girl baby will be the pride of every Mother! All are lined and have a variety of embellished brims.
- View I is a sweet little bonnet perfect for baby boy with piped details on the brim and crown. The Shadow Embroidered duck matches the Baby Daygown in the pattern "Sweet & Simple Daygown Collection".
- View 2 is a classic bonnet for boy or girl baby. It features an embroidered brim trimmed with baby tatting. The bonnet matches the Classic Daygown from the pattern "Sweet & Simple Baby Daygown Collection".
- View 3 is a ruffly little bonnet, adorned with lace and sweetly embroidered inside each scallop. The perfect bonnet for dressing up! It goes very nicely with the new "Baby Daydresses "pattern.
- View 4 is a beautiful little bonnet featuring lovely embroidery on the brim and crown and is embellished with lace edging. The embroidery on this bonnet matches View 3 Daydress in the pattern "Baby Daydresses" and complements the other Daydresses as well.
Four styles of bonnets with embroidery designs included.
|OFB#16 Christening Bonnet Collection
The Christening Bonnet Collection has something for every baby.
- The Swiss Eyelet Bonnet (View 1) is as easy as pie to make. Purchase Swiss Eyelet or Swiss Netting and you have a lovely Christening Bonnet with a minimum fuss! The bonnet ties in the back which makes it adjustable too.
- The easy Lace Bonnet (View 2) is made in the same quick manner and uses little pieces of treasured lace for the bonnet or you can purchase lace. They both have construction details that make this a special little bonnet.
- The Whitework Bonnet (View 3) is a treasure from days past when women prided themselves on their accomplishment of these whitework stitches which were some of the traditional stitches used on baby garments (French Eyelet, Open Eyelet and Featherstitch). It is a beautiful classic bonnet, with a set in crown and fabric ties.
- The Lace and Ribbon Bonnet (Views 4 & 5) is an exquisite little bonnet made from Silk Satin Ribbon and French Lace. The materials make it luxurious and the style is classic.
- There is a tailored version for baby boy and a ruffled one for baby girl, both lined with silk.
A perfect collection of elegant Christening Bonnets
OFB#02 Baby Bonnets - Infants - 12 mos
A collection of five beautiful bonnets including Hanky Bonnet with Poem, "T"-Bonnet, Lacy Christening Bonnet, Little French Bonnet and Baby Boy Cap with Scalloped Brim and a chin strap.
- The Lacy Peek a Boo is a T - Shape that ties together with ribbon.
- The Hanky Bonnet is designed for baby to wear and then later when he/she marries, it can be made back into a hanky to be carried down the isle by the bride. It comes with an embroidery design, poem and instructions for pin stitching. NEW!! Shadow Embroidery design for the Hanky Bonnet. Revised Stitch Instructions.
- Antique Christening Bonnet is fashioned after a bonnet made in the 1920's. It has lace insertion alternating with embroidery, and has fabric ties.
- The Little French Bonnet is a quick and easy version of an old favorite.
- The Little Scalloped Cap is perfect for a little boy as it lined and has a chin strap. A touch of embroidery sets it off.
See Lots More Old Fashioned Baby Patterns on this
Diane Jensen - Baby
LBJ - Every Mother's Pride Smocked Bonnet
---->Finished shopping on this page?
Send in your order to us
Our cart is a simple one that cannot tell the difference between heavy and light weight items so we have set the rate for heavy and ALWAYS adjust the fee down for lighter orders as we manually process your credit card. If you pay through Paypal we refund the excess immediately. Our cart works with Cookies Enabled so if the button does not work email us your order with your phone number and we'll call to complete the order.
We accept , checks/MO & Paypal
To complete your order just click the SUBMIT
To change quantities click RESET
Would you like to be on our e-mail list?
Write to us:
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter