Garden Fairies Smocking & Needlearts Newsletter
Shucks, ::::::::polishing fingertips on blouse:::::::::: !
(If this is your first time to my Garden
here is a link to our Main Page to see what goodies we carry.)
I would like to invite you to receive a free online subscription to my smocking newsletter. Garden Fairies (mail order catalog and store) has been involved with selling smocking supplies since 1986 and teaching the art. In 1996 we opened up our online webstore on AOL (now:www.smockingbooks.com) and created a newsletter to share information for smocking women around the world. This newsletter has been recently more sporadic lately but will change in the near future. Meanwhile know that I am working on developing the archives of the newsletter and will be presenting a larger collection of back issues real soon.
Why the goose?
For 14 years the fairies lived right on the shores of Clear Lake where frequent geese visitors came to see us.
One spring 22 stopped by to eat the grain we put out.
Nine babies were born and were last seen flying with the flock of 50 or so geese who hang out on the lake for the summer.
We did see the migrating flock of over 600 birds flying south one fall, a huge "V" shape filling the sky in the fall all clacking and honking, awesome sound. Thankfully they kept flying as it would have been too crowded on my little lot and a charity fund would have been needed for feeding the water fowl of Clearlake.
My last spring there only one mother/baby goose stayed along with 20-95 ducks depending upon whose flying by at the time of feeding.
Baby Geese & Mama copyright: 2010 Beth-Katherine Kaiman
- Vol 9 No 4 - Part Two - 11/5/06 SarahDouglas Chat
- Vol 9 No 3 - Part One - 11/5/06 - Pleating Q&A Sarah Douglas, guest artist -
- Vol 9 No 2 - 7/8/06 - Fanning Island Blouse
- Vol 9 No 1 - 4/30/06 -
- Vol 8 No 1 - 10/6/05 - Iron On Dots info
- Vol 7 No 4 - 12/6/04 - Last Minute Christmas Ideas
- Vol 7 No 3 - October 28, 2004
- Vol 7 No 2 - August 6, 2004
- Vol 7 No 1 - July 4,2004
- Vol 6 No 5 - Oct 14, 2003
- Vol 6 No 4 - June 13, 2003
- Vol 6 No 3 - May 31, 2003
- Vol 6 No 2 - February 15, 2003
- Vol 6 No 1 - January 7, 2003
- Special Edition - What is Smocking?
- Special Edition - How to Get Started Smocking
- Special Edition - Eleven Rules of Smocking
- Special Edition - How to make the Perfect Bullion and Bullion Rose
- Special Edition - Differences between a Bishop and a Basic Square Yoke Dress
- Special Edition - Handout from Pleater Chat with Sarah Douglas 9/28/97
The Gathering Thread
Past Issues available for viewing:
Would you like to be on our mailing list?